Thursday, 4 August 2011

There's another parasite knocking at our door

Here he is: Vali Chapti, 57-years-old, resident of India. He speaks only Gujurati and is illiterate.


However, he is married to this lady...


...Rashida, 54-years-old, a textile worker. Rashida is a naturalised British citizen who migrated to the UK from Malawi in southeast Africa.

They have been been married for 37 years, but have lived apart for most of that time. But now Mr Chapti wants to join his wife in the UK. Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for the rest of us he can't come because he cannot pass the immigration English language test.

According to Mr Chapti, that's racist.

Now Mrs Chapti is at the High Court, using legal aid money, aka our taxes, to get the requirement to speak English overturned so her husband can move here and enjoy all our good things. He's getting to an age when free medicine would be quite useful; a state pension would also be handy; a bus-pass is not to be sneered at, and some council housing would be big improvement on his current shack.

Mr Chapti hasn't paid into our system at all, but he doesn't see why he shouldn't profit from it. We're just racist making him learn English - so that he has some, albeit minuscule, prospect of getting a job and integrating into our society. At the very least if he learns English he won't be costing us a state-funded interpreter when goes for his hospital appointments, or to the benefits office.

However, maybe we're being a bit harsh. Let's meet Mr Chapti halfway. He can come here if he learns Welsh!

2 comments:

Keir said...

Check out my site- www.imperialflags.blogspot.com. Check out the pics I've posted of my classroom in Peking and now in Germany. I think I follow the stereotype (or syndrome) of "more British than the British." That's how my kid, Drake Winston, is going to be raised. But as I'm a British citizen by blood (my family's British but I was born in Canada after my father moved in the 60s) and wife's Chinese and son's born here in Germany (and unable to claim citizenship), I can't pass on my British citizenship despite living in that country and flying the flag, literally. So it was either the choice of being a Chinese subject (where one eats, speaks, believes only what the regime allows) or Canadian citizenship (which anyone who gets off the plane can pretty much pick up). I'm glad they're being strict, but I see Tottenham and ask why them and not him...

Nationalist said...

I took a look at your site Kier, and all I can say is: my word what a lot of flags!