Monday, 3 June 2013

Demo fiasco in Westminster

The plan was for the BNP and like-minded supporters to congregate in Woolwich on Saturday 1st June, at the entrance to the Royal Artillery barracks and march to the Lewisham Islamic Centre. The purpose of this was to draw attention to the not widely-reported fact that at least one of Lee Rigby's murderers learned his beheading craft at that mosque.

Killer: Took classes in "self-defence" at Lewisham Mosque
The class timetable is still available on the Lewisham Mosque's website. The type of "self-defence" they teach there is called Wing Chun - an Oriental martial art which includes the use of knives, cleavers and the thrown dart. 

In the past muslim fundamentalists have had to travel abroad  to learn to kill. Now the training, and the beheading, is happening right here in the UK. This represents a new escalation in the muslim encroachment on our country.
Until recently you could actually view the mosque's impressive collection of knives and meat cleavers on their website.
Unfortunately the police decided they would not be able to keep the patriots safe in Woolwich and ordered the march moved to Westminster. At this point another organisation, Unite Against Fascism, decided they would organise a counter-demo to oppose the BNP.

The police then directed that the BNP would meet in Old Palace Yard directly outside the Houses of Parliament and march to the Cenotaph in the middle of Whitehall, while the UAF would meet at the other end of Whitehall near Trafalgar Square.

The patriots dully congregated at 1PM on the grass near the statue of King George V - grandfather of our current queen. Realistically there were never more than about 50 of them (the BBC reported 150.) However there were at least 100 freelance photographers and another 100 reporters/TV crews.
Old Palace Yard: Before the demo, statue of George V in foreground
For the first couple of hours the BNP did very little but stand around and watch the show. The "show" being the sight of a pitched battle between the police and the UAF who broke out of their area and charged down Whitehall.
UAF advance down Whitehall

The police managed to stop them before they actually broke into Old Palace Yard. There were probably about 1000 UAF and two or three hundred police, plus two police helicopters, twenty police vans, and two red London double decker buses brought in by the police to take away the people they arrested.

UAF stopped at the entrance to Old Palace Yard

Then for about two hours the BNP were treated to the sight of UAF protesters being arrested and marched to the double decker buses, until eventually one was full and was driven away. According to the BBC there were 58 arrests in all. (The BBC unaccountably failed to mention that all the arrested persons were UAF supporters. Not a single person on the BNP side was arrested.) In fact while the police in riot gear were fighting a pitched battle with the UAF conventionally dressed officers mingled with the crowd on the BNP side.

UAF supporter being taken to the bus

In due course the BNP Chairman, Nick Griffin MEP, was able to get through the rioters and spoke to the crowd. However what he said no-one knows, owning to there being two police helicopters overhead.

 BNP Chairman Nick Griffin, MEP

The plan for the BNP supporters to march to the Cenotaph was abandoned late in the day. Until about 4PM the police were claiming they would be able to force the UAF back to clear a route, but that never happened. At 5PM they asked the BNP crowd to disperse, which they did (to a pub for a buffet supper.)

Needless to say - the issue of Lee Rigby's beheading was lost in the tumult.

No comments: